Friday, November 21, 2008

This week has been crazy!

This week has been completely insane.... Without L Dogg here to run the show it has been chaos in some areas of work.. the door to his office is literally covered with notes and messages and things only he can handle its been awesome without him... not really but I'm trying to put a positive spin on things.... sigh

Then My Ex-Husband decided to rear his ugly head and F*ck my life up even more than he already has... I'll be posting a blog about that next week...

But there have been some truly great things to happen to me this week... And the number one dude responsible for all of it... Bruce*

He has been rock solid all week and very supportive in his own way. He is the strong-let-me-make-you-laugh-and-giggle-so-you-can-relax-and-stop-stressing-type-of-guy. He has been so cool...

Tuesday was an interesting day. I got a message on one of my old dating sites from a chick. She said she was looking for people to hang out with. So I messaged her back and invited her to come to Word Up! (poetry open mic) at Rejavanate.. She came and is a really cool chick, a massage therapist.. hmmm wonder if she gives discounts to friends... Afterwards Bruce* sent me a text and wanted me to come over for some hot tubbing. I did and it was great... I was so relaxed afterwards that it is probably the reason I only broken down once on Wednesday...

On Wednesday(the day of doom and destruction that will be posted about later) He had me come over and we invited EZ and Steve* to come over.. we watched movies and the boys played some Guitar Hero. It was good for me to end a hideous day surrounded by good friends, it made me less stressed and it made me realize that no matter what I have a great supporting cast in the drama of my life.

Thursday was filled with anticipation.... I bought Tickets for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert for Me and my mom and her boyfriend (NascarNut) and Spanky and Bruce. NascarNut is a big fan of TSO but has never been to a concert, so for chirstmas I bought tickets for everyone to go. Bruce had never been before and only knew TSO for their Christmas music... Spanky, my mom and I had all been before and knew these guys were in for a treat... They loved it.. Ok NascarNut loved it and Bruce enjoyed it...

Today begins the weekend... (ok officially it starts at 4:01 PM Pacific time when I clock out for the day). And today has started off spectacularly!! Text messages from Bruce this morning were funny and sweet. Then I get this weird one:

Bruce: "Red or Green"
ME: "Green"
ME: "Why?"
Bruce: "You'll see"
ME: "When will I see?"
Bruce: "Can you take a smoke break?"
Me: "Sure"

A few minutes later I hear the jingle of little sleigh bells coming from the office out side my door. I turn around and there is Bruce. holding out a little Christmas pen...

It's red.. but then he's color blind too... LOL I love it...

The plan for this weekend is this:

Bruce will pick me up from work in the Jeep. We will go pick up DJ from daycare, swing by my house and grab the items I will need for DJ for a weekend away from home (plus a change of clothes for me). We will go to the grocery store and get the stuff for tomorrow's breakfast and lunch. Go back to his place and get DJ settled in so that he will be asleep by 8 (yeah sure)... ourselves in bed by 8:30 at the latest. We should be up and packed and on the road by 6:30 am. Then we are off on an adventure. We will be going off-roading with Bruce's "Jeep" club. I put jeep in quotations because there are more than just Jeeps in the club. We will probably be gone all day...

I am excited... after the week I've had at work, and the drama from Wednesday.. I need a day away from it all... to spend that day with Bruce and DJ will only make it a thousand times better...

Saturday Night I'm going back to my place, unless Bruce* wants to get snugly then It will be taking DJ to go see his dad. Sunday will be spent cleaning... I did not get everything done last week that I wanted to get done... (like the floors in the living room, dining room and kitchen)

*names have been changed to protect the innocent, the a**holes and the clueless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The TSO was here last Friday night. I wanted to go soooooooo badly, but alas, we couldn't afford it.

Guitar Hero/Rock Band?tequila/friends is a GREAT way to destress.. I've blogged about that one before.

Don't let the Ex get to ya. You have a great life and nothing he does/says should get you down.

I hope your weekend is wonderful and I can't wait to hear about it

Have fun!

Poetry Sue said...

Thanks!! keep any eye out for the monday update