Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday...sucks

So I am working today.... Yes my company is a pain in the ass and seems to think that We should be working on Friday... granted its only a half day, but well.... I SHOULD BE SHOPPING RIGHT NOW!!! *sigh*

Yesterday was amazing! His family was so cool. His Step-mom is too cool, she went into "Noni Mode" as soon as she saw my little man. She had toys for him to play with and kept the TV tuned to cartoons for him almost all day long! His Dad is awesome! And he is an amazing cook! His step-brother was there, too.

I must say I was very relieved when it turned out that everyone was cool. They were very laid back and accepted me from the very first...

I am actually planning on spending Christmas with them (they even invited Spanky!). It is a much better alternative to figuring out which parent of mine is going to get the actual day of Christmas... I'm figuring Christmas with Bruce and his fam, then the 26th with my dad, and the 27th with my mom and Spanky (the 27th is also Spanky's b-day)...

gulp....

Bruce's mom is coming into town on the 20th.... yikes... Bruce (being the great guy that he is) had me all worked up over meeting her... I was really worried that she was going to shoot me on sight... but only after I threw up all over her shoes from nerves... sheesh

but My fears were un-founded.... it seems that everyone (including his dad and Step mom) think that His mom is a really nice easy-going gal... sheesh....

anyhoot... work is almost over (thank goodness). My next few blogs have been written and you should be entertained all the way through December!!

*names have been changed to protect the innocent, the a**holes and the clueless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seeeeeeeeeee I KNEW it would be great! They sound like AWESOME people. Did you REALLY throw up on her shoes?? You poor thing..

I am happy it all went well for you!

Poetry Sue said...

I didn't throw up on his mom's shoes.... yet... I was commenting that Bruce had me so nervous about meeting her that I figured I was going to need a puke bag or I was going to throw up on her shoes when I do finally meet her... His step-brother, who works for an airline, said he would bring me a whole stack.... nice