Friday, November 7, 2008

A blast from the past.. and what could be the begining of Round Two

So last night I went out with an old boyfriend of mine...

GASP

I know

Actually I'm having a problem coming up with a "Name" for him. He has the exact same real name as Charlie* but I can't very well call him Charlie 2. For now I am going to call him STG. You see every story about him that I tell always starts off with "I used to date thie Super-Tech-Geek..." SO STG it is... for now.

We went out and shot some pool at a popular poll hall here in Vegas called The Cue Club. We talked and got caught up. He's still single and a geek, but he is a different kind of geek from your regular geeks... he beats up other geeks... LOL

He is an amazing pool player... probably should be playing pro... but if you ask him why he'll tell you: "I love playing pool, if I did it for a living I would eventually hate playing it" I get that. This guy makes most pros look like idiots... he can play an entire game one handed... (he used to be able to break one handed but hasn't done it in a while). Years ago when we were dating he taught me to play behind my back... he tried to teach me to "jump" the ball but I could never get it.

Last night he flirted ridiculously with me. It was strange and familiar all at the same time. I am not the same person today that I was when we were dating. Back then We flirted so much it made people sick... but I am kind of out of practice flirting... I blushed alot.... LOL yeah I blushed.

All in all it was a great night. We talked about the old days, and our crazy exes... I talked about my son, he talked about why he dates younger girls (easy to train and eager to please)... its probably a good thing I am almost a year older than him.

He was very much a gentleman at the end of the evening, took me home and wished me a good night. very sweet.

Now for today and tomorrow....

Today Bruce* is picking me up and taking me to my poetry showcase this evening. Afterwards we are going back to his place and I am going to sleep there so that tomorrow we can get an early start on our picnic.

Never fear everyone I am resolved that we will not be doing anything... intimate ...friends don't do that and since we are just friends... well you know how it goes. I'm not sure if he really gets that I was serious when I told him no sexual intimacy. Well we shall see. I want to talk to him tonight and make sure he gets it... no heavy petting, no sex. I agreed to cuddling because I don't really want to give that up.

I am emotionally involved with this thing and I don't know if I want to get myself any more stuck on this guy than I already am. I have a sneaky suspision that he may never want to pursue a romantic relationship with me. Now that could just be my neurotic side speaking but I am going to be more careful this time around...

*names have been changed to protect the innocent, the a**holes and the clueless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sgh... the good old dating days. I am so glad I don't have to deal with it anymore. But I love hearing from people such as yourself that are still trying to find true love. The journey to get there is interesting to say the least! I wish you luck with STG he sounds like a lot lot of fun!