Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The "Amazing" Weekend Update

This weekend was amazing!!

I went on my first hike with one of my meet-up groups... It was about 4 miles of an amazingly good time. There where about 6 other people besides my son and myself. All Women except for one Dude (one old dude). Almost every one (including me) brought their dogs.

I'll finish the story of the hike before I get into the story of the Dog...

DJ walked the whole way by himself!! I was so proud of him. He fell a couple of times but he didn't whine very much (if at all). He used his charm and had all the ladies falling in loooove with him before we finished the trail.

At the end of the hike was this amazing waterfall.... we sat around for a few mins, let the dogs play around and took some pictures (I'll be posting mine later tonight or tomorrow). DJ and I re-fueled with some snacks I brought along..

The trip back sucked a little bit... We ended up going off trail and trekking through the bush.. which sucks ass... there were cactus balls everywhere. We had to stop every few seconds to dig them out of the dogs' paws. Mattie (my dog) got a bad one that delayed us for so long that we almost lost the group..

By the time we got back to the cars everyone was sufficiently tired but in good spirits.

I am definitely going on that hike again... and even now I am trying to decide what I want to do this weekend!

Now about the Dog...

Her name is Mattie.. she is 6 years old, and she is amazing!

Back in September or October I promised my son that I would get him a dog for Christmas... but because I started dating a guy (please read as ASSHOLE) that was extremely allergic to dogs, I put a hold on that promise until I had the money saved to get one of those Labradoodles (allergy friendly). Because that's the kind of person I am.... FUCKING KIND AND GENEROUS (good luck finding that again you duchebag)... well in light of recent events (that would be me dropping his ass) I started looking for a dog...

I wasn't seriously looking, just cruising some ads on that wonderfully amazing Craigslist site... Well I came across an ad with pics... I took one look and fell in love... so I called the Lady in the ad and we set up a meet up for me and her and DJ and Mattie... That was Friday night...

I asked if I could take her home for a trial run weekend... The Lady agreed and so Mattie came home with us.. and there she will remain. She has been so perfect that I can't believe my good fortune... She is amazingly gentle with DJ and super calm in the house (and blessedly house broken). We took her with us hiking and she did so very well.. after I took her off the leash she always came back when I called her and she got along very well with other dogs in the group and the ones we met along the trail...

She has been a gem! she has bonded already with me and DJ and she is a very sociable girl... I am so excited to have a canine companion again... I forgot how much it means to me...

Ok on to other things....

The PS3 is going to have to wait until I get a new TV... apparently my 10 year old monster just isn't compatible... Hooray!! an excuse to buy a new TV!

Oh... here is a good one...

So Jen asked me and EZ to go with her to Sunday services at the UU(Unitarian Universalist) congregation.. I went but EZ stayed home to sleep. Apparently Jen and her husband (both of extremely different faiths) are trying to find a compromise. The UU seems like their best bet... They have been to a couple of services before... and then again on Sunday... but they just aren't sure if its for them... why? Because it seems that every service they have been to hasn't been focused on spirituality but more on the agenda of the church...

I came away from the service with the same impression... its was all about when the General Assembly (GA) and the District Assembly (DA) where going to be and where and what would be going on... then it was about the fundraising they were doing, and yada yada yada... there was one small part that was called "Why the UU is like the Olive Garden" (when you're here you're family) it was minutely spiritual but even that ended on a GA/DA note...

I was very disappointed. I have been trying to help my mom find her spiritual path (cause damn she needs one!). I thought maybe the open mindedness of the UU would be good... but not if all the services are like the one I attended... And according to Jen they are...

ok mini-update time:
Online dating sucks ass(blog coming soon)
Jay* still hasn't called
Bob* can't help but make an ass of himself and make me feel bad about myself... (he doesn't mean it he just doesn't think of me as being a girl with girl feelings)
EZ is still totally cool
Charlie* drives me batty sometimes

so that's about it... Not much else to talk about... Oh I'm still crazy over Bruce*. It seems there some places I can't go and some things I can't do because just the thought of them makes me burst into tears... Thanks alot asshole for fucking me up in the head... sigh... the next guy has one helluva job before him...

*names have been changed to protect the innocent, the a**holes and the clueless.

3 comments:

Narm said...

Now if only you had an excuse to buy ME a tv?

Poetry Sue said...

HA HA you wish!!

Erma said...

You never said nuttin' bout no waterfall... may have to have you take me out but you know me... I absolutely abhor hiking.

Mattie is awesome. I'm a little jealous and missing my Echo now. :*(

I'm a pagan for the very reason of not having to get up early for services. It was such a delicious sleep, too. Ahhh...

Video games turn the brain to mush; this I know from experience and...

I'm very glad that I'm "still" totally cool.

Loves to you, Daniel, and Mattie,
EZ.