Saturday, March 21, 2009

Frogs, Princes, Bachelors and Friends

Be warned this is a long ass post!!

Firday morning I woke up feeling like I got hit with a mack truck.. I was spiking a fever at 102. My throat felt like it had been lined with razor wire and my eyes complained everytime I blinked... so I called in to work... and I went back to bed..

I slept wrapped in a big fuzzy blanket trying to sweat out my fever... and it worked... 5 hours later I woke up feeling ok.. not perfect but ok... I almost considered cancelling my plans with Bachelor #1. However... I figured If I could tough out the rest of the day I would be ok for a dinner date... simple dinner...

We went to dinner at mcayos (he paid) And after we were done we ended up sitting there till 9:00pm (we got there at 6) Then we went to bar and sat and talked till 11:00!! It was awesome! we connected and laughed and kept getting closer and closer till by the end of the evening I was practically sitting in his lap... Of course religion came up and I told him about mine... He's a fairly devout Christian... but that was early in the convo....

By the end of the evening we had made plans to go up to Mt. Charleston on Saturday morning... Well we hugged and he sneaked in a pretty damn good kiss... we got home we text flirted for a few and then went to bed.... I got up saturday and was sorting through my hiking clothes trying to find the cutest outfit and he calls....He sounded tired, I shit you not here is what he said:

"You see last night I met this chick. This really awesome chick! She's beautiful and smart and funny and honest and I could totally see myself falling for her... BUT... I was up all night wrestling with myself about the religion thing... and I just don't see how we can get around the difference in our religion... it wouln't be fair to either of us... I would hate to waste your time"

So we said goodbye

Do you believe in love at first sight? I do. And I know that what I felt for this guy would have eventually turned into the stuff that they write romance novels about. But that damn belief that people of different religions can't be happy together has fucked everything up...

My religion is who I am and I won't give up a part of me for anyone.

Later that Day GeoDude called.. Oh yeah you remember him right? Super HOT Geologist, Hottie McHoterson.... mmmmm. He wanted to hang out that saturday night, I said sure. After all once you take a crushing blow you need something to pick your spirits up...

We were supposed to meet at my Fave bar which is about half way between us, but on his way there he realized he didn't have his wallet... he had left it at his friends house... where he had spent the entire afternoon playing Axis and Allies with his buddies... (yeah he is a SUPER HOT GEEK!!) So he asked me if we could meet closer to his place so his friend could bring him his wallet.

So there we are sitting in the only bar in vegas that CLOSES!! and we are trying to decide where to go... we find this little place called Shotz, where they have a daily $1 shot... awesome!! I'll shorten this story a little bit... we both get completely shit faced and way to trashed to drive anywhere... luckily his place is right around the corner.. so I find myself woozy on his couch... he puts in "The Big Lebowski" hands me a cup with some burbon in it... I remember finishing the burbon... but I do not remember finishing the movie... The next morning we got up and said our goodbyes with promises to hang out again soon... after all he wants to play Oblivion on my PS3... and I want to play Oblivion on my PS3 on his ENORMOUS HDMI TV....

At some time in the coversation we had he stopped me in the middle of what I was say and said:
"Wait... so You have big boobs, you watch sports and you play video games? You're every guys wet dream!" LOL too funny and that did the ego good...

Remember Bachelor #3... well he hasn't been responding to my text messages so I am assuming that its a no go with him...

So lets get to Bachelor #2... he and I have been chatting over Google Chat everyday... and he is super cool... We made plans to go to dinner Sunday night. He picked me up and took me to Roxy's inside the Startosphere... I swear to god this was the best place every!! I had so much fun watching the wait-staff singing and dancing... I seriously suggest that if ever come to vegas that you make it a point to there... freaking COOL!! We had a good time. THe conversation was easy and we laughed.... Now here is where things get hairy... you see being an Uber Techno Geek he found my blog and has read the WHOLE thing... yeah he knows all my dirty little secrets... Which is cool because now I don't have to explain anything to him. But it also means that he is reading this post... right now... scarry....

so conclusions for the weekend: I have made two new friends... GeoDude and Bachelor #2 (Who needs a Blog name now). I lost a frog (good bye Bachelor #3)... and there was a prince that got away (Sweet Sorrows for Bachelor #1)

Now onto to thiss week...

Bachelor #4: Nice guy, has a son, single dad, into to off-roading and Sandrails. We have been chatting over email for more than week now and finally got around to exchanging numbers, we have a dinner date planed this week and if all goes well... he's going to buy me and my son tickets to the Monster Truck rally this weekend... SWEEEEEEET!

Bachelor #5: He and I have been talking online for over two weeks now, but with his daughter being in town, we just never got around to talking on the phone or meeting in person... Finally exchanged numbers and I think he is coming to poetry this tuesday... but I'm not sure..

Oh and did I forget to tell you about the guy from EHarmony? Well our date went ok... actually he is a really cool guy... we have a lot in common, but once again... no spark... We are going out again this week for drinks and possibly sushi.... mmmmm sushi....

*names have been changed to protect the innocent, the a**holes and the clueless.

2 comments:

G-Man said...

Sue...
I just can't stand an empty comment box...hehehe
Why does religion and politics have to screw everything up?

Poetry Sue said...

That is soooooo true!! why do they have to?