You see I don't want to rush into anything and make a big mistake. AGAIN. I'm tired of getting played like a finely tuned instrument. I'm tired of getting my hopes up. I'm tired of looking like an ass when a relationship ends. So from this day forward these are my rules, resolutions and regulations:
- I will wait to have sex. At least a month of weekly dating before there is any hanky panky.
- I will not get serious with a guy until I have met his family and his friends, and it has been at least 4 months.
- I will not allow my son to get too attached to any man until I am married to him.
- I will not let myself get attached to his family and/or friends
- I will not let my friends get attached to him
- I will not tolerate indecisiveness
- I will not tolerate non-communication
- I will not be treated like a second class citizen, if they want to get serious with me they have to prove it.
- I will not settle for anything less than what I want
- I will be fair and compromising
- I will extend the courtesy of being communicative
- I will never lie
- I will never make a promise I can't keep
- I will never pressure anyone into anything
Ok.. now rules for him:
Don't ever lie to me, it makes me crazy
Don't ever expect me to be completely sane at all times
Don't make promises to my son that you can't keep
Don't make promises to me that you can't keep
Don't ever take me for advantage
Do be prepared to have dinner made for you every night
Do be ready to be showered with affection
Do keep your eyes open and pay attention
Do be ready for me to pay attention to the details
*names have been changed to protect the innocent, the a**holes and the clueless.