Friday, March 6, 2009

Poker, My sister, and Counting to Ten

Tonight I am hosting my first ever Poker Night.. I'm kicking The ex and the kid out of the house and there are actual adults coming over to socialize with me.... WOOHOO!! the guest list so far:
EZ
Jen
Shou Shou
Bob*
Crazy Don*
Mr. Dark*
and myself!!

there are some new names on that list that I haven't blogged about before.
Crazy Don* is another person that EZ has introduced to our circle... He's been to poetry and to one of our pool playing drinking nights. He has some very interesting talents and is one very cool dude to talk to.

Mr. Dark* (insert girly sigh) is so sexy that its ridiculous. His story is a strange one... Mr. Dark and I met (through EZ of course) a few months ago. At the time we each thought the other was damned cute, but because I was just starting to get serious with Bruce* nothing ever came of it. After that initial meeting there was no further contact.... until a few days ago. on one of my online dating accounts I was added to a person's favorites list. I checked this guy out and he seemed familiar, but couldn't place him... not that it really mattered he was freeaking HOT!! damn. any hoot.... I sent him a message and after some banter he tells me who he is... and no shit I am completely stoked... We have been texting every day for like three days... seems we have bunches in common... including being completely burned from the last person in our lives... We have flirted, chatted, and exchanged some interesting info about each other...

I really like this guy, but I'm not taking on any serious relationships right now. he understands that. So we're going to be friends and he wants me to teach him some of the more arcane knowledge that I have... tee hee... I am going to bring him over to MY dark side... MUWAWAWAWAWAWAWA... ah...

The other thing happening this weekend... my CRAZY sister is coming into town... actually as I write this she is here already... This chick is nuts!! completely nuts... ok maybe not completely nuts, but she has some serious emotional issues that she needs to work through.. DUDE GO SEE A THERAPIST!! I love her, but sometimes she makes me nervous, and always she exasperates me... I don't know where I went wrong raising her... Sparky* came out ok...

There is serious tension between her and my mom, and because my mom has been numbero uno in helping me with my kid I am going to have my mom's back... But this means that the first time Crazy Sister gets out of line I'm cutting her off from nephew privileges. She has this almost unhealthy attachment to my son... She only spent less than a year watching him for me.. she hasn't been here for any of the big steps, and none of the drama in recent days... hell I doubt she even has a full scope on things...

I'm glad I already have a therapist, because I'm sure going to need one after Crazy Sister goes back to the great white north...

now back to my little guy and his developmental delays... In the last almost 2 months since he has started in special ed... he has dramatically improved... He went from barely putting two words together to making whole sentences! with like three or four words all together... his articulation is improving by leaps and bounds... and now he can do two things that I cried over.... he can say his ABC's correctly... by himself... the first time he did this for me, I completely broke down... Then a week or so later.... He counted from one to ten all by himself again... this time I was driving and had to pull over because I was crying so hard..

these things my seem like small potatoes to you, but to me they mean that I did the right thing and that now my son is finally getting up to speed. They mean that he is going to have the opportunity to learn like other kids and maybe even better. These "little things" are huge steps forward, so huge that they are almost unheard of. Its like he had this knowledge locked away inside his head and all he needed was someone with the right key to unlock it.

I'm such a proud momma. So proud.... damn it there I go crying again...

*names have been changed to protect the innocent, the a**holes and the clueless.

1 comment:

Erma said...

"I really like this guy, but I'm not taking on any serious relationships right now. he understands that."

"We have been texting every day for like three days..."

Um... not to be judgmental or anything, but do you read your own stuff. If I recall, this has happened before.... just a gentle reminder... from the one who's still cool... well, at least to this point... hahaha...