Monday, December 8, 2008

The Things we say...

Have you ever been inspired to write poetry by the simplest of words?
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live a moment out of a fiction story?
Have you ever wished all those songs on the radio were about you?
Has your outlook on life ever been changed by something someone said?

Three syllables changed me. They made me see the world in a whole new light. They gave me hope and a happiness I never imagined. I am living a life a fiction, because reality can't be this good.

I was going to go for funny, but I can't. There is nothing funny about this. There is only a joy so serious it is scary....

Bruce* told me that he loves me.

He can say it when looking into my eyes, he can say it when we are standing in a parking lot while the sun is out, he can say it while my son watches him, and he can say it first.

He means it.

He says he loves me and he means it.

There is something magical when that happens. Something so profound that it can never be expressed in words.

I could keep going on and on and on and on and on about it.... but I won't bore you with it any more. Just remember that if you see a girl floating by with her head in the clouds and big cartoon hearts for eyes... that's probably me.

Oh yeah and just for you Bruce:
I love you so much that I can't tell you how much. Its a little scary but it's awesome at the same time. Never in all my life has my love been this pure for anyone other than my son. I have completely re-examined my outlook on marriage.... and I can see it with you. Not tomorrow, or even next year, but I can see it. Take your time adjusting to that. I know you and I love you. I don't know how or why or when, but I know I love you.

*names have been changed

5 comments:

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww that made me smile and tear up! How wonderful you must feel. I am happy for you.

I DID see you floating by earlier, but I thought it was because I drank too much Patron.

Congrats on the newly pronounced love! I know you have been waiting to say it, I didn't know you hadn't heard it.

Tamara said...

What a beautiful post! Wow.

Poetry Sue said...

Dizzblnd: Yeah he hadn't said it yet. he had this crazy notion that love took a while to be cultured... Apparently I'm breaking all of his rules when it comes to relationships! But thats another post

Tamara: Thanks! I'll be heading over to your blog today!

Unknown said...

You will enjoy Tamaras blog! I LOVE it

Narm said...

So you're saying all those songs AREN"T about me?

Oh - and the love thing is really sweet. Congrats.